Makassar is one of the metropolitan cities in Sulawesi Island and the capital city of South Sulawesi province. As the largest city in Eastern Indonesia, 82.36% of the total population is Muslim. In 2022, Makassar will be included in the list of 10 Intolerant Cities in Indonesia.
- Pray for God to touch the hearts of the people so that they do not take part in various acts of intolerance in the form of coercion, violence, hatred, and enmity. Pray that intolerance does not spread but that by God’s redemptive power, this evil is stopped.
- Pray that God will break down walls of unbelief and remove the veil that covers minds and hearts so that people can see and understand the truth about Jesus.
- Pray for the Spirit of the fear of God to be poured out on the perpetrators of crime, leading to repentance and that the young generation would not be enslaved by the evils of robbery or other criminal acts.
- Pray for God's Church to multiply in power as believers in Jesus proclaim the Good News of Jesus to all 36 language groups and that the next generation of children and youth will be discipled to become workers in the harvest field.
- Pray that the Holy Scripture would be accessible to all people and for the Bible to be translated into these languages: Panasuan, Limola, Laiyolo, Bonerate, and Betong.